Sweden-based startup Jetson has developed a personal electric aerial vehicle available that will be available to everyone. Officially called the Jetson ONE eVTOL, this personal aircraft features a rigid aluminum spaceframe powered by eight electric motors and utilizes composite carbon fiber as well as cutting-edge 3D printed components. All of this combined equates to an extremely lightweight package. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Safety is of the utmost importance, so the Jetson One comes equipped with a redundant propulsion system and even a ballistic parachute should things really hit the fan. Even at $92,000 USD, the ultra lightweight (198-pound) Jetson One’s first production run for 2022 has already sold out, but the company is now taking pre-orders for deliveries in 2023.
DJI Mini SE – Camera Drone with 3-Axis Gimbal, 2.7K Camera, GPS, 30-min Flight Time, Reduced Weight, Less Than 0.55lbs / 249 Gram Mini Drone, Improved Scale 5 Wind Resistance, Gray
- Light as a Smartphone – Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government.
- Capture on the Go – The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky – DJI Mini SE’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail – DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance – DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
Our mission is to make flight available to everyone. The Jetson ONE is an electric helicopter that you can own and fly. We intend to make everyone a pilot,” said Peter Ternstrom, Jetson Co-Founder.